Envirotecture is looking for an outstanding Interior Designer / Interior Architect with at least three years full time experience to deliver sustainable homes (& some commercial projects too) to join us.
Is this you? You would have experience designing, documenting and delivering interiors projects from start to finish, including (but not limited to) spatial planning, coordinating consultants, client liaison, detailing and documentation including specifications, and expert sustainability and material/product knowledge on both residential and commercial projects.
Do we share the same values and ethos?
- CARE FOR NATURE (sustainability & regenerative ethos)
- COMPASSION & COMMUNICATION (relationships with people & place)
- COLLABORATIVE (valued team-player)
- CONTINUING EDUCATION(desire to grow/learn)
- CONFIDENCE (“can-do” attitude)
- CREDIBLE (integrity/authenticity/honesty)
- COMMITTED (dedicated & passionate)
Your specific attributes would include:
- A commitment to architecture being a powerful tool for change in a world that desperately needs it.
- Passion for sustainable/regenerative design
- A strong sense of ‘team’ and robust sense of humour.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Creativity, design thinking, and problem solving skills (being a proactive solution-seeker)
- Problem solving – a never say die attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Vectorworks experience is preferable but not essential if you have a similar BIM experience and are willing to learn.
- Being an advocate for more ethical material/product selections & priorities (i.e. Consideration of Indoor Air Quality, Responsible Sourcing, Avoiding Red List Chemicals, and Embodied Carbon).
Proficiency with Mac
In your working day, you would:
- Work as part of the whole design team, taking responsibility for the interiors from concept stage right through to commissioning and handover.
- Work largely in the Sydney office (located on the Northern Beaches) but also on-line for our interstate projects/clients/collaborators.
- Prepare documentation including schedules, sketches, diagrams etc to explain the design to other team members and to the client, approvals authorities and contractors, including coordination of the project team (clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and authorities).
- Be involved in the quality review of drawings and specifications, identifying and resolving issues with the project lead as needed.
- Be involved with establishing and maintaining project objectives and budget, including record keeping.
- Advise on appropriate selection of products/materials when prioritising sustainable outcomes/budget considerations
- Assist in management and currency of the material library – both physical and on-line.
Pay and conditions:
By negotiation according to your experience and demonstrated abilities, but always above award rates, with flexible working hours. Most days in normal circumstances would be spent in the office, but an ability to work from home is essential if required by government orders.