- Melbourne: CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Engineering Civil/Structural Engineering
- Full time
Join the workplace of the winner of Engineers Australia 2021 Young Professional Engineer of the Year for Victoria!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer with well-rounded experience to work across varied and unique projects, whilst contributing to the capabilities of Vistek. This position will allow you to work on a wide range of multidisciplinary projects including high end residential, mass timber structures, health, educational, community and industrial facilities.
Vistek is a consulting structural engineering firm offering design and advisory services to the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. We are highly proficient in delivering engineering design for conventional construction approaches. Our passion for sustainability has also led us to embrace Mass Timber as an alternative approach to construction. Our focus is on developing deep relationships with our clients to allow us to bring genuine value to their businesses.
- Manage multiple projects across the entire life cycle
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs for projects using materials including reinforced concrete, steel, timber, pre-cast concrete and masonry
- Maintain a high level of stakeholder satisfaction, building key relationships with relevant parties
- Plan and manage the allocation of resources, budgets, and timelines of projects
- Attend site inspections and project meetings, providing technical advice to stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Degree qualified in Structural or Civil Engineering
- NER/ CPEng/ RBP Status advantageous
- Previous experience as a Structural Engineer
- A passion for sustainability, unique and challenging projects
- Experience working to Australian Standards including those for timber, steel, concrete, composite, and masonry structures
- Ability to use software including SpaceGass, AutoCAD, Strand7, and Structural Toolkit
- Genuinely interested in end-to-end client management and working on varied projects
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team
- A desire to learn and continue developing your skill set
This is a full-time opportunity within a flexible workplace that values work/life balance and investing in the development of our team. Applicants seeking part time employment will also be considered. If you are passionate about challenging the status quo and working in an innovative environment, this is an opportunity for you.