Sydney Architecture Festival launch event is on at Parramatta
We have 100 exclusive tickets available – the only way to access this fabulous VIP event
We’ll board the lovely old ferry, the Royale at King Street Wharf, where we will kick off festival celebrations with drinks (it IS a Friday night after all) and a lively discussion about Sydney’s west and the massive growth to come.
Speakers and special audience guests include:
- Rod Simpson, Environment Commission, Greater Sydney Commission, associate professor at The University of Sydney
- Kim Crestani, City Architect, City of Parramatta
- Jason Twill, Innovation Fellow, Faculty of Architecture, Design & Building, University of Technology Sydney
- Chels Marshall, Aboriginal ecologist
How can we make this growth more sustainable, better designed, more equitable?
Topics will cover:
- Radical housing options (such as Baugruppen and Nightingale)
- Great design and planning – what will inspire market to lead and outperform?
- Urbanity – the tension between the city and the new centres
- Sustainable urbanism – time to understand it’s all interconnected
- What will entice high yield jobs West?
- How planning can address the health and social challenges of the West
Debate and outcomes will be covered extensively in The Fifth Estate, through feature articles, social media, and podcasts.
This event is brought to you in partnership between The Fifth Estate and The Sydney Architecture Festival.
Supporting sponsor UrbanGrowth NSW.
Friday, 29 September 2017
Aboard the beautiful old ferry the Royale at King Street Wharf, No 9
Next stop The Peter Shergold building in Smith Street, next to Parramatta train station (for the home trip).
Time: Meet: 4.30pm with launch at 5 pm sharp
We alight at Armory Wharf, then bus to the festival launch event 7 pm – 9 pm, with drinks, canapes and lively networking with the future makers in Sydney’s West.
Tickets for The Green Rebellion are limited to 100 and are the only way to gain access to this exclusive launch event for the Sydney Architecture Festival.
General admission $75
The Fifth Estate members $45*
*Existing members will have received a promo code on signup. To join The Fifth Estate community, and receive great benefits such as VIP special offers to events, join today.