22 October 2013 — Guy Carpenter & Company, a global risk and reinsurance specialist, has made six appointments and added new services.
The appointments are based in Sydney.
Matthew Rose to the newly created role as principal, capital and strategy.
Mr Rose has 23 years working in the finance and insurance sector and prior to Guy Carpenter held executive roles at Suncorp, Wesfarmers Insurance and Zurich.
Tom Harvey has been appointed as a catastrophe analyst, developing models to predict the impact of bushfires, floods and other perils at individual locations in Australia and New Zealand.
Prior to joining Guy Carpenter, Mr Harvey worked at a number of junior exploration mining companies and graduated from the University of Sydney with first class honours.
Samantha Dew will be relocating to Sydney as part of an intergroup transfer from Marsh, London and will be responsible for broking casualty placements for large global clients.
Valerie Badcock also joins from London and will lead the property team with her most recent role at Willis Re.
Meanwhile, Kim Collins will be responsible for broking property placements and Teresa Aquilina will work in property and casualty underwriting.
The added advisory services include:
- Capital solutions – alternative capital raising and structuring
- Operational solutions – cost reduction and business optimisation
- Growth solutions – market analysis including identification of acquisition opportunities
- Risk management solutions – underwriting and pricing including predictive modelling
- Human capital solutions – compensation and benefit planning as well as organisational transformation