26 September 2012 — “Work on the Move—Driving Strategy and Change in Workplaces”, published by the International Facility Management Association, brings together more than 20 experts in alternative office strategies.
The book examines the forces driving workplace change and its effects on facility professionals, providing tools that will allow them to become more strategic leaders in the ongoing workplace revolution.
Editor Diane Coles said the world of work was changing along with nature of the office. “The function, design and location of the workplace have undergone a major transformation in recent years, and that process is continuing,” she said.
“’Work on the Move’ considers not only the role the physical workplace can play in a world of work that’s increasingly global, networked, distributed and virtual, but also how this transformation shapes the facility management profession.”
“Work on the Move” includes case studies from around the world and provides practical tools facility professionals can use to take workplace strategies from an idea stage, to implementation, to measuring their success.
Topics addressed include:
- The forces driving workplace change
- The evolution of the office
- Workplace strategy – what it is and why it’s important to take the lead
- Space planning in an uncertain environment
- Leadership development for the 21st century
- Change management as a facility management core competency
- Projected impacts of alternative work on facility management
- The role of technology in the workplace
- Sustainability and the triple bottom line