- Job Title: Technical Officer (6 roles)
- Job Grade / Classification: Environment Officer Class 8
- Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (up to 5 years)
- Location: Parramatta
What is NABERS?
The National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) is a program within DPIE’s Environment Group. The program uses rating tools and a 6-star scale to measure energy efficiency, water usage, waste management and indoor environment quality of a building and its impact on the environment. As one of Australia’s longest running and most successful sustainability programs, NABERS help Australian building owners understand their assets’ impact on the environment and measures their progress towards net zero goals.
About the Role:
As a Technical Officer, you will perform the following three key functions:
- Provide technical support to accredited assessors as part of the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS).
- Undertake Level 1 rating audits (desktop), maintain and contribute to the development, revision and amendment of the NABERS rules, rulings, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the continued development and maintenance of one or more NABERS tools. You may also assist in the development of new NABERS tools.
- Understanding of the workings of government with exposure to the complexities of the environmental debate, in particular, ecologically sustainable building development principles.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, especially the NABERS programs and experience in applying environmental protection principles and practices to the built environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical issues related to sustainable practices in the built environment with demonstrated ability to critically review and advise on technical documentation.
- Proven project management skills including the demonstrated ability to deliver agreed outcomes, and demonstrated time management and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
- Prior work experience in sustainability or built environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
Please read the following documents prior to preparing you for application:
To Apply: For information on how to apply, visit I Work For NSW.
Applications Close: 11.59pm Tuesday 31st March 2020.