24 August 2011: Low Carbon Australia Ltd on Wednesday made good its promise to become another source of energy efficiency project with an announcement a “request for proposals” for projects from businesses, property owners and organisations.
The projects will need to demonstrate they will save energy or carbon and be able to become part of a ” project pipeline” for its current financial products including:
- Alleasing E3 Lease TM Leasing for energy efficient equipment
- Origin Energy On-bill financing Energy Savings Guarantee
- NAB/Eureka Funds Management Environmental Upgrade Agreements financing
- Energy efficiency loans direct with building owners, local councils and other businesses
Low Carbon Australia said it was requesting proposals for:
- Projects requiring finance – Businesses, building owners, local councils and other organisations are encouraged to apply for finance to implement investment-ready energy and carbon saving upgrades.
- Co-investment finance – organisations seeking co-financing opportunities to deliver multiple energy and carbon saving projects, which may include a combined financial and technical solution offering.
- Referral Partners – organisations seeking to work as a referral partner to identify worthwhile energy and carbon saving projects which require finance.
The government agency says it has more than $100 million in funding to provide “financial solutions and advice to Australian business, government and the wider community to help the move to a low carbon future.”
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on 30 September.