At HIP V. HYPE we utilise design thinking to resolve more sustainable, more socially responsible and more intuitive commercial solutions for our built environment.
Our aim is to influence and to build the safe, sustainable, inspiring future we deserve.
- We create & deliver projects.
- We provide sustainability advice.
- We enable work share spaces.
Role: Associate – Better Cities & Regions – Part-time / full-time
Location: 293 Barkly Street, Brunswick VIC 3056
Starting: as soon as possible
HIP V. HYPE Sustainability provides advice that is commercially grounded, yet ambitious. We pursue exceptional outcomes that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable and enable action across government, institutions and organisations.
We seek to partner with those who are willing to think strategically to achieve better. We lead, collaborate and support others to deliver impact and build Better Cities and Regions, Better Buildings, and Better Businesses.
In this role you will apply excellent technical skills, project management skills and analytical frameworks to provide our Better Cities & Regions clients advice of tangible value when tackling the complex issues relating to climate change and sustainability in the built environment. The role is focused on three areas:
- Delivering meaningful and impactful work with the Better Cities & Regions team which focuses on precinct and community scale projects
- Evolving the offering of HIP V. HYPE by asking deep questions and challenging conventional thinking
- Actively develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the industry
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Deep alignment with our values and an active interest in sustainability is essential for any of Our People
- Extensive project management experience with a strong client / partner focus
- A relevant qualification in Planning, Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline
- At least 8 years experience in sustainability, climate change or related field
- Ability to think logically, analyse and assess opportunities and risks, and identify solutions and outcomes
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of subject matter related to climate change and sustainability at precinct and community level
- An established network of clients and industry collaborators, and proven client relationship management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills and a strong capacity to understand and work effectively within the commercial parameters of project delivery
Nice to Have
- Understanding of planning policy and local, state and federal policy on sustainability in the built environment
- Industry accreditations such as Green Star, OPL, LBC
- Experience in business model and business case development
- A strong understanding of design thinking principles and ability to understand and adopt a design-led approach to problem solving and project management
- Proficient in using InDesign, Microsoft Office and project management software with an ability to learn new applications quickly
Project Direction & Client Relationship Management
- Lead and deliver integrated precinct and community scale projects by combining evidence-based analysis with high-quality, interactive participatory processes to deliver positive impact on environmental, social and economic systems
- Work collaboratively with clients to define project priorities and how the team can best work together
- Lead client workshops and meetings with the clear goal of being an enabler of a productive development process that achieves outstanding sustainability outcomes while meeting and balancing other project objectives
- Lead project planning, budgeting and resource planning
- Undertake and manage technical analysis and report writing, maintaining a very strong focus on the quality and presentation of our work
- Through project delivery develop capacity in others (team members, clients, partners) to create the conditions to more effectively deliver holistic, integrated outcomes
- Manage technical oversight and quality assurance for project delivery, integrating a technical, evidence-based approach (and associated predictive measures) with vision and narrative
Opportunity Development & Industry Participation
- Through authentic, deep collaboration, build relationships with strategic partners to explore and create opportunities to deliver meaningful work with a network of clients and collaborators with aligned values
- Undertake proposal drafting, budgeting and resource planning
- Represent HIP V. HYPE Sustainability at industry events, in media and other public appearances
- Foster research partnerships, and identify and lead opportunities to conduct research that encourages integrated approaches to sustainability, and development across multiple levels of system (from individual, to building, community, city-scale and beyond)
- We believe in the power of a collaborative, design led approach
- We believe in building relationships
- We believe in the potential of smart, thoughtful and passionate people who are driven to achieve better
- Our aim is to remain agile and open-minded to facilitate an environment that enables our people to pursue relevant and meaningful purpose driven work
- We will not compromise on our values
- Continuity and Authenticity is everything: say what you mean and mean what you say
- We don’t want to be interesting, we want to be good
- We seek work that is meaningful, evidence-based and challenges the status quo – “It’s more fun being a pirate than joining the navy”
- We acknowledge effort, share success and act with compassion: We collaborate, we don’t compete
- We question everything and always seek to understand – WHY
- We don’t believe the Hype
- We always seek to be better and to do better
- And importantly, we take our work seriously, not ourselves…!
Interested? Shoot through a one-pager describing yourself and why you’d like to work with us along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org