- Division:CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Section: CITY SUSTAINABILITY
- Salary: AUD 126,158.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Employment status: Term Contract
- Employment arrangement: Full Time to October 2022
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney’s Sustainable Sydney 2030 Plan provides a vision for a green, global and connected city. A key strategic direction within the Plan is for Sydney to be a leading environmental performer including the ambitious target of net zero carbon emissions by 2035. We are a team of sustainability professionals looking for high performing individuals to join us and help us realise this vision.
We are seeking a Sustainability Data Insights Analyst to join the Environmental Strategy team. This role is responsible for managing data associated with the City of Sydney’s environmental sustainability strategies and programs, in order to provide insights to inform program and strategy development and to support public environmental reporting.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional with the following skills:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, with higher qualifications desirable.
- Knowledge of sustainability issues in the built environment
- Demonstrated experience in data management and analysis, and experience in a variety of data analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience in internal and/or external environmental reporting
- Significant experience at working with and fostering relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills and the ability to articulate technical topics in plain language to business stakeholders.
If you are a collaborative, data lead, results-oriented sustainability professional we would love for you to apply.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our city’s dynamic future
To apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the “Essential Criteria Response” field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s websiteby 11:59pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
For further information contact: Anna Mitchell, Acting Sustainability Director on 02 9246 7280.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).