22 August 2012 – Barangaroo, the new CBD-edge precinct in Sydney wants to know how to shape its cultural future. The team at the Barangaroo Delivery Authority has launched an international search for “the world’s best in urban planning, urban design and architecture professions to help shape Barangaroo.”
The request for proposals for the 5.2 hectare central precinct will be launched on 30 August.
- See our recent feature interview with sustainability manager at Barangaroo, Anita Mitchell: Best sustainable outcomes at Barangaroo will be invisible
Authority chief executive officer John Tabart said he was looking for a ” world class team, with the skills and experience to collaborate with the authority to provide master planning services that achieve the vision and objectives for Barangaroo Central.”
Mr Tabart is seeking:
- A Conceptual Vision for the Central Master Plan
- Revised Concept Plan pertaining to Central
- The Central Master Plan
- Land Use planning framework and Staging Land release plan
- Public domain plan and whole of site integration
- Built form Master Planning considerations
Submissions close 26 September 2012.