We are hiring
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious, and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role, you will actively develop new business opportunities for South Pole and manage existing clients. You will follow up on new business opportunities, create new meetings, plan and design best in class presentations. You will ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of South Pole’s services and solutions and have a full understanding of your clients’ needs, developing bespoke solutions with the support of senior business development managers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior business development managers to identify commercial opportunities across Australian and New Zealand
- Support business development and be involved in writing compelling proposals and contract preparation
- Be the point of contact for a portfolio of existing clients and build trusted relationships
- Ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations
- Manage proactively the client relationships and position South Pole as their preferred partner for sustainability solutions
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Participate in client meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- Share proactively know-how and market feedback within the company
- University degree in Sustainability Economics, Business Administration, International Business/Relations, Environmental Science or similar
- At least 3 years of proven expertise in the field of environmental markets, sustainability, corporate responsibility, climate change, carbon, biodiversity or renewable energy trading/brokering
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Strong track record of managing client expectations
- Distinct analytical and conceptual abilities, the know-how of relevant sales software (CRM) and techniques
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- International business experience and willingness to travel (mainly Australia / New Zealand)
- Excellent English and proficiency in any other languages used in Asia is desirable, but not essential
- Australian citizen, or holder of a valid required work visa
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and CV directly through our website.