- Sydney – CBD
- Melbourne – CBD
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Manager, Retirement Living to join our Sustainability Function on a permanent basis. The Sustainability Manager will provide sustainability support for all Retirement Living development projects nationally. The role will help deliver sustainability outcomes across the respective projects from bid phase through to post completion, contributing to the Lendlease’s aspiration to be a recognised as a leader in sustainability.
This role will support the National Sustainability Manager – Asset Creation, and the Retirement Living Business Senior Leadership and Development teams, to assist with the establishment and execution of business sustainability strategies, Lendlease sustainability targets, innovative outcomes and contractual requirements. The position will be focussed on supporting bids and project work, assisting with the embedment of sustainability across developments, demonstrating value and ensuring that business objectives are achieved throughout the property cycle.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting projects in origination, conversion & delivery to set & implement project sustainability strategy aligned with our framework and targets
- Work with the business to establish sustainability strategy for new assets or asset repositioning to: Provide a competitive point of difference, Meet expectations of our targets and mandates, Streamline decision making
- Complete and embed design standards
- Liaise and align with the Sustainability Manager, Retirement Living (Investment Management) – for assets under management.
- Upskill the RL business in sustainability / Lendlease targets
- Establish site sustainability standards approach for Retirement Living
- Co-ordinate a Retirement Living sustainability strategy with the Sustainability Manager, Retirement Living (Investment Management) for assets in creation and under management
- Supporting the business to establish electrification / renewable strategies to support mission zero
- Retirement Living Business Unit reporting
- Lead a climate action workstream e.g. renewable energy strategy
To be successful in this role a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a sustainability role within the property industry is essential. You will ideally hold a degree in engineering, environmental science, property, sustainable development, sustainability or equivalent. Exposure to building ratings, certifications, and benchmarks such as Green Star, NatHERs, LHA and NABERS is also advantageous.
The ability to influence and think strategically is key to our team’s success and we are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager to achieve continuous improvement and ongoing industry leadership.
We embrace the value of a vibrant and diverse workforce and recognise that our people have different experiences and needs at different times. Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people and support their individual needs. Inclusion sets us all up for success.