HFM Asset Management, a BGIS Company, is a leading engineering company providing expertise in building efficiency across asset management, building improvement, NABERS and BEEC, energy and water performance management, facility advisory, sustainability, and renewable energy. Our mission is to transform properties and buildings into efficient, sustainable, cost-effective, and compliant assets for our clients.
BGIS has over 7000+ employees globally, we are a leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy and sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, real estate and technical services. We are focused on delivering innovative service solutions for our clients.
The Senior Building Services Consultant will join the Engineering consulting team working across energy management projects, building condition audits, and life cycle planning. This is a unique opportunity for a driven individual to lead the Australia East-coast expansion & growth plans for the business in building efficiency and sustainability capability.
This role is based in our Sydney CBD office, with monthly travel requirements (within Govt. restrictions) interstate.
Due to the security clearance required for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Identifying opportunities and implementing sustainable practices and cost-saving improvements by using energy audits or industry-based rating assessments and tools
- i.e. NABERS Ratings and CBD Tenancy Lighting Assessments
- Undertaking assessments and audits of a broad range of facilities
- Conduct holistic Building Condition and Life Cycle Analysis of buildings
- Manage ongoing day to day utility performance and energy management plans of a portfolio of assets
- Provide Facility Management Advisory services to Clients
- Identify and contact potential clients for new business engagements
- Build strong relationships with existing clients for repeat business
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through frequent communication
- Conduct meetings with clients and management to determine project scope, budget, and timelines
Skills and Experience
- Accredited NABERS Assessor (NABERS Energy and Water for Offices as a minimum)
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP), WELL Accredited Professional (WELL AP), or other rating types are also desirable
- Accredited Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Assessor
- Demonstrated experience within the building services sector in a consultancy/contractor capacity
- Exceptional Business Development skills and comfortable in leading client engagements
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical / Electrical / Building Services Engineering or a relevant field is desirable
- Sound knowledge of building life cycle, with generalist knowledge across Building Structure, Fabric and Engineering Services
- Understanding of the National Construction Code of Australia, Australian Standards, Essential Services Compliance, and relevant Codes of practice
- Experience working with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong report writing skills
At BGIS, we create safe environments where our people can do their best work. Our team comprises of individuals from many different cultures and nationalities, with a multitude of valued personal and professional backgrounds. We welcome diverse perspectives and are always on the lookout for people who can bring new ways of thinking to our teams.
BGIS offers Professional Development opportunities, excellent Company Benefits and an exceptional Employee Recognition Program.