- Social, supportive, flexible work environment in a beachside or city location
- Leadership role with opportunity to introduce new services to suit your passion
- Very Attractive Profit Share and Employee Share Scheme
About the company
Efficient Living is a long-established and highly respected boutique consultancy based in Narrabeen with a new city office to open soon.
Efficient Living is widely known as Sydney’s “go to” sustainability experts in the large scale multi-residential market. Our services and advice are relied upon by policymakers, software developers, architects and property developers. We also partner with many multi-disciplinary engineering firms. We attribute our success to a high level of customer service, in-depth knowledge and practical solutions.
About the role
- Business development focus
- High-level project strategy review
- ESD service delivery a bonus but not critical
- Natural networker
- Big picture thinking
- Solutions focused
- In-depth construction / consulting industry knowledge
Be a leader in transitioning the Australian construction industry to a more sustainable future using Efficient Living’s existing clients and apply your leadership skills and industry influence.
Reporting to the COO with a dotted line to the MD, the ESD Consulting Manager is responsible for supporting the roll-out of new services in areas of your passion (areas may include GreenStar, NABERS WELL, Passive House, Daylight and Solar access studies and Building Services Engineering) while maintaining the existing Consultancy Services for Efficient Living. Manage the Consulting Teams, focusing on exceptional service delivery and project profitability for our broad range of clients from major builders to architects.
This Leadership position will suit someone who has overseen building project delivery in a design phase (from a client or consulting side), client management and can lead a team of dedicated professionals to deliver best in class sustainability solutions.
Facilitating collaboration between developers, new technologies and funding models, you will support our clients during the transition towards net-zero energy buildings.
- Manage the Residential and Commercial Consulting Teams with a focus on exceptional service delivery and project profitability
- Support the roll-out of new services (e.g. Green Star, NABERS, WELL, Passive House, Daylight and Solar access studies or Building Services Engineering)
- Influence the future direction of ESD policy
- Managing and presenting to clients as well as stakeholders at all levels
- Developing opportunities for new business
- Assessing and reporting on business risks and opportunities
- Ensuring clients are being delivered meaningful reports
- Managing project and portfolio budgets and workflows
- A positive energy that uplifts those around them
- Leading and mentoring the consultancy teams
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining process and procedure to ensure an exceptional client experience
- Fostering a fun and collaborative culture within your teams and the organisation.
- Perform project QA and 6-monthly service compliance reviews
- Perform quarterly audits and report as required
- System and process improvement experience and mentality (will be highly regarded but not essential)
- Strategic thinker
- 10+ years experience in building design or construction
- Business Development and Tendering
- 3-5 days per week (dependent on the candidate)
- Growth mindset to join the journey to grow and scale the business to the next level
- Financial management and departmental budgets
- Proven track record of driving sales, profitability and service improvement
- Experience in managing design or consulting teams in the construction industry
- Experience in technical design documentation and reporting.
- Ability to lead teams and encourage continual professional growth
- Experience quoting projects and coordinating workflow
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills and ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Highly organised and motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to establish the framework, objectives and targets in order to manage a team to KPIs
- Play a key role in driving the world to a more sustainable future and joining the dots between engineers and builders.
To nail this role:
You will have a passion for sustainability, driving continual change and innovation. You will be an influential personality that drives change in the direction of the building industry towards a more sustainable future.
Why we are a GREAT place to work:
- Generous profit/ownership share scheme
- We are an employee-focused organisation that run to benefit our staff
- Flexible working hours and location (near the beach, the city or your home), full or part-time options
- A strong focus on staff wellbeing and work-life balance
- A lively, social work culture with regular events and team activities.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org