Cred Consulting is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Communications and Visual Marketing Officer to join our boutique Sydney-based community planning, urban planning, and engagement consultancy. You will be part of a small, dynamic team of independent social and urban planners, and community engagement specialists, who work for clients within the government, private and not-for-profit sectors.
This is a new full-time role focused on providing support for community engagement projects, from inception to delivery. You are expected to develop and implement communication strategies and engagement plans (including the coordination of events), write copy and graphically design high-quality visual communications, including reports, community engagement materials, and infographics.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering communications plans for community and stakeholder engagement, including in a local government context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a keen interest in engaging with communities and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skills with Indesign, illustrator, and Microsoft 365 applications and understanding of the value of visually appealing reporting and communications collateral.
- Demonstrated experience in event coordination and logistics.
- Outstanding time management skills, thorough, agile, and fast-paced work style.
- Previous workshop and meeting facilitation experience is not essential but advantageous.
- Previous experience working in or with local and/or state governments.
- Experience working directly with communities.
- A passion for creating better communities, places, and cities.
- A sound understanding of when to use different communications styles for different contexts e.g. in a culturally diverse community engagement project vs reporting to government bodies.
- Ability to think creatively and embrace curiosity, excellence, fun, and new ways of doing things.
- A collaborative and inclusive approach to work and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate as part of the team.
- Ethical and passionate about achieving community focussed and purpose-driven outcomes.
- Excellent organisational skills, high attention to detail, able to deliver to deadlines and professionalism.
- Positively contribute to maintaining a safe, respectful, welcoming, and inclusive workplace, and demonstrating a commitment to equal opportunity and cultural diversity principles.
- Salary and benefits:
- Around $70,000-$75,000 annually plus super and other benefits (dependent on experience)
- Four weeks of annual leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, as agreed with the Director
- Equal opportunity and inclusive organisation with a commitment to providing a safe, supportive, and respectful working environment.
Send your CV and short cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com by Friday, 25 September 2020. If you have any questions about the role, contact Elle the above email or call 9357 2476