Are you a passionate junior marketer who wants to make a difference? Join one of the most exciting prop techs in Australia, and help 5,000 users with 30 million properties to make clean energy easy by 2030.
The BOOM software-as-a-service platform makes clean energy simple. BOOM saves clients time and money by making solar, storage and energy efficiency quick and simple to assess, select, purchase, monitor, measure, verify (and then reassess).
BOOMPower grew out of energy consultancy firm Energy for the People, established in 2012. Since then, the BOOMPower team has assessed and supported delivery of over $100million of solar, battery and energy efficiency projects, ranging from standard rooftop solar to innovative models for small-scale solar farms.
Who are we looking for?
The BOOMPower team is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Marketing Assistant to help tell the world about BOOM!. We’re a virtual team, working across regional Victoria and Brisbane, with a growing range of clients across the country. Therefore, you will be required to work from home, with the majority of team interaction through Google Meet and phone calls with the team.
You’ll report directly to the Director responsible for marketing, alongside sales, business development and account management.
Marketing Assistant responsibilities:
- Support the development and execution of the marketing strategy.
- Organize and manage marketing collateral.
- Maintain content schedules for marketing collateral and activities, ensuring accuracy of content, timely delivery and release.
- Assist with developing and uploading content for social media and website content, and monitoring digital channels.
- Update marketing materials using existing templates.
- Perform market and client research, as required.
- Create reports on marketing performance.
Work Hours & Benefits:
The role is part-time, 20 hours per week, for an initial 12-month contract. Timing of these hours is flexible, depending on your availability – your regular hours will be agreed at the outset of the role.
Superannuation and leave arrangements are included. Share of company-wide bonus payments, payable upon completion of team targets, will be provided as appropriate.
Marketing Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organisation and attention to detail
- Strong writing and copy-editing abilities
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Excellent knowledge of marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of social media, social networking, email marketing tools and content management systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1-3 years experience in a marketing role.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Demonstrated experience with marketing within social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Experience with Sketch, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premiere) a plus
- Digital photography and video editing experience a plus
Please provide a written summary of your experience, directly addressing the above position description, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via LinkedIn by Friday 18th December 2020 at 17:00.